It is the middle of summer, and it feels like it! Even though it is partly cloudy, the temperature is 93 degrees and the humidity is high. I went for my run this morning thinking it would be cooler than running this afternoon, which is true, it was cooler, but it was still H-O-T. So, I thought I would share some hot weather tips for working out!
- Drink lots of water: before, during, and after exercise.
- Workout in the shade rather than under direct sunlight
- Don’t hydrate with a caffeinated beverage…it will only DEhydrate you
- If you feel faint or dizzy, stop exercising, hydrate, and move indoors. Only resume activity once you feel back to yourself again.
- Wear clothes that wick the sweat away from your body