I got out of work an hour early today, which allowed me to go to my sewing lesson early.
When I got home it was time for dinner. I love veggie burgers, but always purchase the frozen kind that are premade, which are great but I definitely thought that I could make them on my own. On the side, I made homemade potato “chips.” They were perfectly crisp, but some were still soft giving a great texture variety. I didn’t even need ketchup to dip them in!
Homemade Potato “Chips”
- 1 potato medium to large potato
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
The homemade veggie burgers were so tasty! I am not a huge meat person, but I don’t think that a “meat-lover” will be missing out on anything with this burger! The prep for them does take a little bit of time, but it is sooo worth it. If you have extras they are easily frozen for a quick weeknight meal.
Homemade Veggie Burgers (original recipe from Oh She Glows)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- Flax eggs: 2.5 tbsp ground flax + 1/2 cup warm water, mixed in bowl
- 1/2 cup oats, processed into flour* (other flours might work)
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and roughly pureed or mashed
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped (toasted if preferred)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, (toasted if preferred)
- 1/2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
After an amazing dinner I headed to LA Fitness for a bodyworks class with a friend. The class was a good strength workout, but for me I didn’t feel like I got a complete workout. After leaving the class, we both felt like we needed to go running or something. But that’s ok! We will be hitting Pilates up on Wednesday.
Now, I’m watching the Bachelorette…I can’t believe Ryan came back!