Tuesday night means Core Intensity class. Here is the workout:
This workout takes place on the indoor track at your gym
- Run two laps around the track
Lunges around the track stopping at first corner with weights in hand
- Crunches with legs up (15 count slow can use weight)
- All 4s, extend arm out to R and L leg out back (in and out for 10 counts) switch sides
Running with high knees stopping at corner weights in hand
- Bicycle Crunches (15)
- Lie in bridge, extend arms with weights straight above as raise L leg, lower leg and hip and arms straight out to side to hover (12 reps) repeat on other side
Sideways shuffle around the track switching sides in the middle, weights in hands
- Dead lift squat with weights in both hands (15 reps)
- Abs balancing on butt and twisting weights side to side (30?)
Run two laps with weights in hands
- Crunches with legs straight up (20)
- Squat deep for 3 counts with weights then lift leg (do 15 on both sides)
Final Set of Abs in the Room
3 sets of 8 counts of each exercise
- Regular Crunches
- Crunches with legs in 90 degrees
- Bicycle Crunches
Half Marathon Training
After teaching class, today I was scheduled to run 3.5 miles. I mapped my run out and was ready to go. I put my teaching stuff in my car, and I realized that I had no where to put the key…I had to get a little crafty.
I tied my key to my shoe!
It was sooo hot and humid outside that the end of the run was prrrrreettyy rough, but I got through it. I drank soo much water afterward.
I then came home and it was time for dinna!
I made a strawberry, chicken, blue cheese salad. Instead of using glazed almonds or pecans like I usually see in restaurants, I used honey roasted peanuts. They did the trick and added that little extra crunch. I put all of these yummy toppings on top of a bed of romaine and spinach and topped it with Balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, and pepper. This salad was dddeeelliish!
At night while making dinner, I pack a lunch for Brian and usually myself as well. Since we had blue cheese with dinner, Brian was really cravin’ blue cheese in his lunch tomorrow. I used leftover chicken from dinner to create Buffalo Chicken Salad.
I mixed together the following ingredients (the measurements are estimates because I was just pouring and mixing):
- 1 chicken breast cut up into small pieces
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 tbsp of mayonaisse
- 2 tbsp of reduced fat blue cheese
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to taste
- Salt and Pepper
Makes roughly 2 servings
Now Brian and I are just relaxing and watching Everybody Loves Raymond…I haven’t seen that show in forever!! It feels nice to just sit here on a Tuesday night 🙂