Hello! This is my first official week without nannying or teaching group fitness and only working at my retail job, My goal is still to post 2-3 times a day, and I have been slacking lately! Not by choice though. I am still adjusting to my schedule and figuring out when and where I can post. I just realized today that the mall has free internet, but it is a bit slow and unreliable so I may be heading to Panera during my lunch breaks.
By the time I got everything up and running during lunch today, I realized I forgot my camera in my locker at the store…so lunch went undocumented. For breakfast though, I sucked down a coffee smoothie as I made my undocumented lunch because I was just too tired to make it last night. Hopefully I will get a little more used to things throughout the week and be able to get more things accomplished. I was able to workout this morning though (my favorite time to workout!). I did a pilates video on Pilatesanytime.com.
Lunch was basically the same as yesterday, so you didn’t miss out on much. However, I did get a diet coke today because I was sooo tired today at work. I did go to bed early last night, but not early enough.
I usually do not drink pop (do you say pop or soda??) on a regular basis, but there are times when I have the occasional carbonated diet beverage. I know that pop isn’t good for you, but I am a strong believer in “everything in moderation.” Heck! You can even overdose on water.
While at work today, the Jimmy John’s people came to visit us and gave us a ton of mini sandwich samples. They even had veggie! After work, I was starving. Brian picked me up since it was raining and he was starving too, so luckily I had stashed two of the samples in my bag for a little snack to tide us over until dinner.
Once home, I immediately changed into comfy clothes. The rain just made me feel chilly, and being on my feet all day made me want my slippers 🙂 It felt good to be cozy!
Last week, when Sarah and Jeremy took me to Qdoba, I was inspired to recreate one of their queso burritos in a healthier way. For the queso sauce I adapted a recipe from Hungry-Girl, used brown rice, black beans, roasted summer squash, and whole wheat tortillas. The result…a delicious and filling burrito!
Queso Burrito–Healthy Style
- 3/4 tsp dry taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened original Almond Breeze
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp reduced fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp chili powder, or more to taste
- 2 La Tortilla Factory low carb high fiber tortillas
- 1/2 cup black beans, heated
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice (1/4 cup uncooked)
- Add almond milk, all three cheese, chili powder, taco powder, and cumin to a pot. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to medium low heat.
- Stirring frequently, continue to stir until smooth and sauce-like consistency.