Today, the kitchen appliances were workin’…..
When I was home recently, my mom made a delicious crock pot meal that really made me think of fall. At the time it was literally 100 degrees out, but today it was chilly, slightly rainy, cloudy, and so appropriate for a warm meal to be cooking in the crock pot all day filling the house with spicy aromas.
I had actually never used a crock pot on my own until today, and let me tell you…it is easy peasy! I seriously poured everything into the pot in the morning and let it cook low and slow.
- 3 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 onion, chopped,
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper or cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large potato, chopped into small pieces
- 8 oz frozen green beans
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 cups of stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup-1 cup shrimp (uncooked)