Good Monday Morning!
With the fall weather verrrry prevalent in the Indianapolis area, I thought that something different than the usual oatmeal or smoothie bowl would be appetizing this morning.
My sister just might be one of the pickiest eaters I know. When we were growing up, I remember one week she would love chicken and the next week she would absolutely hate it….well not much has changed.
One thing that she does love is super moist and dense muffins. These pumpkin oatmeal muffins are the perfect fall breakfast or snack, and I know if Brenna will eat them…then they have to be good!
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup no sugar added applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Put 1 spoonful of instant coffee grounds into a small bowl or glass. Add a dash of cinnamon and 2 packets of splenda or sweetener of choice.
- Add a little bit of warm water (like maybe 2 seconds from the faucet or 2 Tbsp) to the coffee cinnamon mixture.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the coffee and water mixture over the ice cubes.
- Pour Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze over the ice cubes to fill the glass.
- Stir and enjoy!