Body Pump on Monday’s doesn’t begin until 9:25. There are definitely pros and cons of having it later in the mornings.
- Not worrying about setting an alarm clock
- Plenty of time to eat breakfast before
- It is light out and I can ride my bike
- I can get a couple of things done before class
- I feel a little like I have to wait around for class
- I miss a good portion of the Today show
- I really like waking up and banging my workout out first thing
Pros and cons aside…it was still a good and challenging class.
My Body Pump set up
Yoga Pose of the Day
It’s back! Sorry about the weekend long hiatus, but Yoga Pose is back and ready for action!
Today’s pose is Upward-Facing Dog
Benefits of Upward-Facing Dog: Strengthens the legs, buttocks, torso, shoulders, arms, and wrists, opens the chest increasing lung capacity, stretches the shoulders and back, lengthens the spine and opens the abdominal cavity, stimulates teh digestive and lymphatic systems, improves posture.
I then made myself a little smoothie bowl for lunch. Chocolate Peanut Butter to be exact, with a little spinach and banana thrown into the mix.