Happy First Day of Fall!!!!
Yesterday, I was at work during the majority of the day so here is what I wore:
After work, Brian and I went downstairs to visit Caitlin and Julie, two of our good friends from Butler who just moved into our building! We had a little wine, cookies (recipe to come later) and Modern Family. It was relaxing and great to see good friends after a long day at work.
This morning I decided I would try out the Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat Cereal. I have made buckwheat pancakes before and absolutely loved them, but I didn’t know what to expect from the cereal.
- 1/4 cup buckwheat cereal
- 3/4 cup water
I then microwaved it for 3 minutes and added:
- half a packet of Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
- about a third of a frozen banana
- a packet of splenda
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Buckwheat is a fruit not a grain and is completely wheat free
- Buckwheat is a great plant source of protein (5g per 1/4 cup serving!)
- Rich in lysine, an amino acid that is lacking in many grains
- Eating buckwheat may keep you fuller longer, because it will keep glucose levels balanced better than other carbohydrates