Finding workout moves to do with a mini exercise band is actually harder than I expected. Luckily, I was able to come up with some moves on my own.
- Side leg raises with band around ankles
- Forward and backward leg movement while lying on side with band around ankles
- Opening and closing of knees with band around knees and knees bent to 90 degrees
- Squats with band just below knees and pushing resistance outward
- Stepping side ways with band around ankles
- Band around knees and raising and lowering hips in bridge position while pushing resistance on band
- Band around wrists, in plank position and lifting hands to feel resistance
My mom also sent me this video
that I will try tomorrow.
Brian then sent me a text saying that he totally forgot his lunch in the refrigerator so I decided to bike it to him!
It is such a beautiful day outside which is much needed after a weekend full of rain. The bike ride was pretty quick and a good way to squeeze in some cardio.
Unfortunately, my knee started to hurt around lunch time so I took some anti-inflammatory medicine and I am now doing the R.I.C.E. method in order to help it heal.
- Compression (I’m not really doing compression)
Resting is so hard for me because I honestly feel like I always have a ton of pent-up energy inside of me that I just need to get out, but after talking to Mom about how important it is to rest and take it easy when things hurt differently than usual I am going to take it suuper easy this week on my poor little knee.
What do you do when you can’t do your usual workout because of pain or an injury?
I then made myself a blackberry banana smoothie with a little spinach in it topped with granola. I guess when I don’t have one for breakfast I have to squeeze my daily smoothie in somewhere.
Does anyone have any experience with knee injuries/pain and how they dealt with it? I would love to have you share!!