The other day, I saw a 5 4 3 2 1 post on Gabriela’s blog and I thought that it would be a great way for me to share a little bit about myself with all of you.
5 Words to Describe Myself
- Family-oriented (the hyphen makes it one word)
- Becoming an ACE Certified Personal Trainer. Becoming certified had been a goal of mine for so long, that to finally actually do it was scary, fun, exciting, and just an overall intense but great experience.
- Starting this blog. Again, it was a goal of mine to start one as soon as I began reading healthy living blogs. I love sharing stories, recipes, and workouts with others, and this makes it a great way to stay connected with friends, family, and people I have yet to meat!
- Graduating college. I was officially the first “Deal” to graduate college. I have always loved school, and college provided me with many memories and life lessons that I will never forget (well maybe some I will forget 😉 ).
- Taking a really hot, sweaty, intense group fitness class that incorporates cardio and strength training (or teaching one!).
- The elliptical. I love being able to catch up on the morning news, Today show, or the Food Network…multitasking at it’s finest!
- My life. This blog was designed to truly capture a glimpse into my daily life, and while I have a fun, positive attitude most of the time and share my workouts and kitchen triumphs and fails…sometimes I just get sad or have a bad day, and that is totally normal.
Now I have a recipe to share with you!
I was excited and nervous to try this recipe. Excited because I love trying new things, nervous because I thought it might not turn out. Well, Brian gave it the official taste test and said this recipe was a go!
- 1/2 cup pureed avocado (I used 2 small avocados)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix-ins of your choice! Mine included: walnuts, pecans, white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and raisins.